Your agenda is of your own making.
Beach weather is moderate and unpredictable. We recommend our guests dress in layers and bring clothing for all climate changes.
Winter : December 20 thru March 31st can bring winds and rains. Lows in the 40s Highs in the 50s-60s
Spring : April and thru June 19th may also brisk breezes, with sunny skies and spectacular sunsets. Lows in the 50s and Highs in the 60s-70s
Summer: June 20th thru Sept 1. When the Valley’s are hot Morro Bay is cool and sometimes Foggy. Lows in the upper 50s and Highs in the 70s.
Fall: September 2nd thru mid December – best weather for the central cost. Sunny skies for the most part. Lows in the upper 50s and highs in the upper 70s to low 80s.
Spectacular sunsets year round.
- ART : Draw, Paint, Photograph our many vistas at your leisure. Bring your own supplies.
- BIKING : Be brave. Pack your bike on the Amtrak and bike to the Central Coast. Morro Bay’s bicycle trails are great and we have maps. And, if you don’t bring a bike, you can rent one.
- BIRD WATCH : We have many species of birds. Bring your binoculars.
- DINING is in abundance for any time meals, inside our restaurants and outside on patios overlooking the bay. Fresh Fish is Morro Bay’s specialty.
- DOG PARKS AND OFF LEASH DOG BEACHES: We have our furry family members covered! visit Pets
- EXERCISE: Get a day pass at the local gym or simply do a morning job or walk along the Embarcadero.
- HEARST CASTLE : Tours must be prearranged. Just 40 minutes to the north.
- HIKE: The Central Coast offers unlimited hikes for those that like a challenge and for those that like it slow and easy. Trail maps are located on line. There are limited trails opened to Dogs.
- KAYAK : Bring your own Kayak or rent one. Launch it from the beach. Beware of our changing tides. Wear a life jacket!
- MAHJONG : Cambria Senior Center has open tables for Mahjong.
- MUSIC & ENTERTAINMENT : Enjoy local talent and specialty programs at one of our local venues.
- MUSEUMS : Find out more by visiting our History Museum, Marine Museum, and our Estuary Center.
- PADDLEBOARD : Bring your own or rent one here. Need a lesson – arrange ahead of time.
- PICKLEBALL : Free courts available. Check times with park department.
- SEA LIONS : A must see year round, just past the Castle.
- SPORT FISHING : There are several sport fishing opportunities that launch from Morro Bay. You do need a permit (even if you fish off the piers).
- SURF: Central Cost is known for its accessible beaching and popular surfing spots.
- TENNIS : There are several free courts in Morro Bay. Bring your rackets.
- TREASURE HUNT : Roam our many resale retail stores to find your next treasure.
- WINE TASTING : Enjoy wine tasting at one of our Embarcadero wine tasting rooms. The Central Cost offers countless wine tasting opportunities self-directed or by tour. Maps are available to our guests in our Galley. If you are traveling with a Pet, beware of the weather and make sure the winery you choose is pet friendly.